Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Get value from SQL database

Get value from SQL database

I am trying to get a series of 'titles' from a database, and place them in
an array as individual strings for each title. Currently I am using this
code
mysql_select_db($database_Algorox_Build, $Algorox_Build);
$query_getLatest = "SELECT title FROM news ORDER BY title ASC";
$getLatest = mysql_query($query_getLatest, $Algorox_Build) or
die(mysql_error());
$totalRows_getLatest = mysql_num_rows($getLatest);
$latestNews = array();
for ($i = 0; $i <= $totalRows_getLatest; ++$i) {
$row_getLatest = mysql_fetch_assoc($getLatest);
$latestNews[] = array_values($row_getLatest);
}
and when I call them individually using
echo $latestNews[0][0];
I get the string value.
However, I would like to place these strings in to a single array, thereby
generating an array of strings. I have tried this:
$latestNews = array();
$extractNews = array();
for ($i = 0; $i <= $totalRows_getLatest; ++$i) {
$row_getLatest = mysql_fetch_assoc($getLatest);
$latestNews[] = array_values($row_getLatest);
$extractNews[] = $latestNews[i][0];
}
but it doesn't return the string in the output extractNews array.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment